10.13.2009

My New School

Hey everyone! Here is where ill be teaching for the next two months! http://www.mairangibay.school.nz/

I am teaching in the YEAR 1 classroom (5 and 6yrs). I am living with a family and their house is 4 houses down from the school. I am a 5 minute walk from the little city of Mairangi Bay where there are shops and a beach, and a 20 min bus ride from Auckland. My host mom is named Sue and her husband is named Gray. They have two daughters who are 20 and 22 which should be really fun.

I can't believe that I'm leaving in 4 days. I fly out Friday at 6:45pm and land in Auckland on Sunday at 8:30. It was just yesterday that Abby and I were talking

in our dorm room about doing this program. Now in 4 days she'll be in England and I'll be in New Zealand!

So... My room is a disaster ...trying to pack for 2 months is harder than I thought! Its spring and moving into summer in NZ so i'm leaving B-town just in time to miss some cold weather and arriving in NZ just in time for another summer. These next few days will fly by and soon we will both be off on our adventures! wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment